Friday, March 13, 2009

Owls



OK, I'll admit it. I'm vamping because I haven't had time to finish quilting either of the two pieces I'm working on, but at least it's a new post. These are some of my favorite owls in the collection that I keep at school. The one above came from Hawaii and was given to me by a friend and co-worker in Indiana. She went to visit her stepson in Hawaii and carried it back in her purse so it wouldn't get broken.

This is a fantastic Arts and Crafts tile from Motawi Tileworks in Ann Arbor, Michigan. I love just about anything from the Arts and Crafts Movement on both sides of the Atlantic!

This is a lovely little glass ornament of an owl in flight. Originally intended as a Christmas ornament, but so wonderful that I display it always.

Kathy over at Pink Chalk Studio fed my fancy for owls the other day when she posted about a new pattern she was offering called Little Owl. You can make a little quilt or a bag. It arrived yesterday and I haven't decided which to make first.

I know Robin of Simply Robin has posted about liking owls and Susan of Incremental Victories posted a fantastic picture of a barred owl that visited her yard. Any other owl lovers out there?

1 comment:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Yes, also an owl fan - one was calling when I was awake at 1:30 this morning. This time of year they sit in the large oak trees that hang over our house and hoot all night - love it.