Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A look at the Tree Project

Back in March, I posted about a leaf I had made for the Tree Project of the International Fiber Collaborative. I just received an email from Jennifer Marsh, who is in charge of the project. The installation was unveiled last weekend in Huntsville, Alabama. Here's a picture. You can click on it for a larger view.




The website for the Tree Project provides incredible documentation of the work. They photographed each leaf and included artist or group information. Below is the entry for my leaf. You can check the others out by clicking here.


Collaborative art isn't easy and Jennifer and her team have my highest admiration for putting together an amazing piece.

3 comments:

Jean Baardsen said...

Wow, Dana - what a wonderful project to take part in! I just went to their site via your link. The tree is truly a work of art. Thanks for sharing this!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

How wonderful to be a part of something that turned out so incredible! I would love to have seen it in person.

Karen said...

What an unusual project. Very interesting!