Saturday, May 30, 2009

One last look at an oldie



It only seems appropriate that the fabulous Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band could be heard coming from Safety Pin Studio this morning. It was oldies day. I finished quilting the Battle of the Books memory quilt last night, so I put a rod pocket on it this morning. I did a short tutorial on rod pockets in March.



I had already made bias binding, so that went on next. For more information about making your own bias binding, check out this post.



Ready to whip stitch the binding in place.



Next, the rod pocket is sewn down with the rod in the pocket.



All finished and you get a look at the pillows I made for the couch on the screened porch.

1 comment:

Kathi's Kreations said...

Just wanted to let you know that I left you a surprise on my blog: http://kathiskreations.blogspot.com

Hope you enjoy it!

Kathi