Sunday, June 14, 2009

Brownies quilt: Weekend update



Began the morning by making a 3/4-inch bias strip...



...to make 1/4-inch stems.



This is the stem for the first grape clusters. I used the tracing to place it.



Using an embroidery hoop to appliqué down the vine and stem.



Adding in the first grape leaf and grapes. Each cluster is 12 grapes and there are probably five or six leaves on each side.
Guess what I'll be doing from now until forever? Not to mention the three more little brownies that will be placed in the grapevines. What was I thinking?

6 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

...thinking design and not deadline?
Looking good.

Quilted Librarian said...

Absolutely, Mary. I'm just going to take my time and do the best I can with it. There's no hurrying applique--mine anyway!
Best,
Dana

Minka said...

Just enjoy working on it. Sometimes a rhythm sets in. Sometimes we even pick up speed. This is going to be a wonderful quilt! What is the finished size and planned use?

Quilted Librarian said...

Thanks, Minka. Actually, there's a certain amount of relief not to be on a deadline now and I'm enjoying it lots more. It should be roughly 45 inches square when finished and it will probably hang in my office at the library.
Best regards,
Dana

Thimbleanna said...

I've enjoyed looking back through your posts on the progress of this quilt. It's going to be beautiful!!!

Quilted Librarian said...

Thanks, Anna! I'm really enjoying the work even though I'm not very quick with the applique part of it.
Best regards,
Dana