As I mentioned before, this current quilt is the third version of the "Single Girl" pattern that I've made. I have added thin borders to each of the quilts I've made because I wanted some visual space (and actual fabric) between the rings and the binding. Above is the border on Jim's woobie quilt. The border on this quilt was the same as the background fabric and that's what I've done for Henry's baby quilt. For Anna's wedding quilt, I used a similar color to the background fabric.
Two ring sections joined leaves only one half inch.
this tutorial on borders that do not ripple.
tutorial for that here. The green jungle fabric is the backing.