Monday, June 20, 2011

Kaffe Fassett's African Baby Stripe quilt: A new version of an old favorite

The fabrics for tiny baby Flora's quilt are pre-washed and ready to be cut out.  There's a lovely, soft flannel for the back with pink, blue, and leaf green flowers, two kinds of polka dots for the borders, and nine striped fabrics for the body.  I'll also bind it with a striped fabric.  By this time, I have made more than twenty of these African Striped Baby Quilts using Kaffe Fassett's pattern (with a little tweaking on my part) and it's the random nature of the pattern that most appeals to me.  I never get tired of making them because each one is so unique.

The body is laid out on my work table and ready to be chain pieced.  You can see this old post for more detailed information.

No comments: