Sunday, October 16, 2011

Barnful of Quilts 2011 with some new friends


The Internet is an amazing thing.  Thanks to Google+, several art quilters from my area found me and sent me email.  Last Saturday, they invited me to join them on a trip to visit the Barnful of Quilts on the Fox Family Farm in a gorgeous horse barn near historic Waxhaw, North Carolina.  It was a perfect day and the barn and pastures were a perfect backdrop for the beautiful quilts.


This is the barn--lucky horses!


There were llamas to pet and photograph  and one of the vendors featured articles made from the wool, as well.


The quilts displayed along the fence were for sale to benefit Samaritan's Purse, an international relief organization.


The horses vacated their stalls for the vendors.


The rafters were a great place from which to hang large quilts.

The exercise ring was the backdrop for some amazing quilts of the group called Fiber Art Options.  Several of these artists are also members of PAQA-South as are my new friends.

My friends are checking out some of the beautiful work.


After we enjoyed the quilt show, we had some lunch, and then they took me Mary Jo's Cloth Shop in Gastonia.  WOW!  It's overwhelming and the next time I go, I'm making a list.  This fantastic quilt and fabric journey also provided time for us to get acquainted.  It was a lovely Saturday.

2 comments:

Martha Ginn said...

What a beautiful exhibit, and for a great cause--Samaritan's Purse.
Martha Ginn

Quilted Librarian said...

So true, Martha. Thanks for your visit.
All the best,
Dana