Sunday, June 03, 2012

My woobie is finally finished

It's been in the hoop for months while I made several baby quilts, but today, I finally finished my woobie quilt.  It's another in a series of "Single Girl" quilts.  I find Denyse Schmidt's pattern is absolutely addictive.  This is a companion to the woobie I made Jim earlier.  The color palette is similar and it has a fleece backing for staying warm on the couch in the evenings.

This is a detail of the quilting.  The first few I made using a large stippling stencil, but I've switched over to Denyse Schmidt's recommended quilting pattern.

The binding is a reproduction fabric that has a touch of light blue in it.

I made a tag label for it and used one of my owl stamps to decorate it.
This is the bias binding being hand sewn down to the back side.  I love the Big Ben fabric meant to commemorate my time in London.
Here's the whole thing in the middle of the backyard.


Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Just gorgeous Dana! My favorite of all your quilts that I've seen.
Still working on quilting mine.

Dana W. Fisher said...

Thanks, Mary. I can't wait to see yours.
All the best,