Thursday, February 18, 2016

"Trucks and Trains for Jack": a scrap quilt


I've just finished a new quilt in the "Film at Five" design.  It is for Anna's darling little godson, Jack.  Now that he is growing up, I felt that he might like a "big boy" quilt and since he is all boy, he loves trucks, cars, and trains.  This is a great little design that is all 2.5 inch squares, so it is easily composed and easily quilted.  You can check out the first one I made in this post.

Here are some closer shots of most of the individual blocks.
Here is a close-up of the bias binding.
And finally the back, which is a flannel with all sorts vehicles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this Film at Five version. It is exuberant!

Quilted Librarian said...

Oh, thanks so much for the compliment. Your design is terrific and I love making scrap quilts.