Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Baby quilt for Nomi, a new little woman child





I am not a big fan of pale, "pretty princess" pink as a color selection for items for babies and little girls.  I find it much too limiting.  After the new year, we will be welcoming a new grand niece to our family and, naturally, I wanted to make her a quilt.  When I found the flannel above, it spoke to me as a inspiration fabric and I began compiling a fabric palette of lavender and dark rose.  Since I am using the Bento box pattern, I also included tints and tones of these fabrics.


I alternated the colors as I constructed the blocks.  Above is a detail.

Borders follow the dark rose and lavender inspiration colors.


These great pink polka dots seemed like a natural choice for the bias binding.


Without my big design wall, photographing the entire quilt is really difficult.


Quilting is in progress using pin basting for the most part.

No comments: