Friday, August 14, 2009

Back from the Big Apple



We are back from our wonderful trip to New York and I have much about which to blog. I uploaded the new camera software last night, so the first pictures from my new camera are sitting on my desktop. Above is a shot taken from our hotel's eighth floor restaurant. Sitting at my feet is the box of fabric I shipped home after my trip to the Garment District (wow!). Over the next few days, I will tell you about all of my adventures seeing Paula Nadelstern's wonderful exhibit, going to Brooklyn to see Judy Chicago's The Dinner Party at it's permanent home, The Brooklyn Museum, visiting The City Quilter, seeing two wonderful Broadway plays, and, of course, traipsing around the Garment District, or the Fashion Center as it now wants to be known.

2 comments:

quiltcat said...

Welcome home! It sounds like you had a fabricoholic's dream trip! (you didn't even mention any restaurants...hope you ate well, too) I'm looking forward to your pics and a peek into that box of fabric!

Quilted Librarian said...

Thanks, Cat. We did find several good restaurants that were new to us and we did eat very well. Thanks goodness for all the walking to help balance the extra calories!
All the best,
Dana