Sunday, April 24, 2011

Henry's baby quilt redux


This is a tough confession for a perfectionist, but I made a spectacular mistake.  I had finished the baby quilt for Henry completely and then I washed it.  One of the fabrics (a batik) bled all over the light background fabric.  If that wasn't bad enough, I tried to removed the bleeding and ended up taking the color out of the background fabric.  I've started over.  All the pieces are cut AFTER being pre-washed and I eliminated the bleeder.  One ring is finished; three to go now.

Sorry for the lack of posts this month.  April has been quite a roller coaster ride.  I think we are on firmer ground now.  Hopefully, you are all enjoying a lovely spring now.

2 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Oh Dana - I had that happen with a batik on my Cosmati II quilt. So sorry it happened to you. You are such an expert on Single Girl that you can probably make it in your sleep. Hang in there.

Dana W. Fisher said...

Dear Mary,
Thanks for your note of solidarity. I just felt so dumb for doing that. Dark blue--I should have known better, but, yes, I cut the new one out in nothing flat and pieced the first ring yesterday afternoon. The new one won't take that long to finish.
Warmest regards,
Dana