Saturday, November 12, 2011

Treasures from Mary Jo's

I mentioned in an earlier post that I have finally been able to visit the fabled Mary Jo's Cloth Shop in Gastonia, North Carolina.  Let me state that it is all that AND a bag of chips, as Anna would say.  The Japanese-style fabrics above actually came from one of the vendors at the Barnful of Quilts that I visited the same day, but since this is a fabric post, I've included them, too.

The sheer number of fabrics is overwhelming and I limited myself to looking for things for two upcoming baby quilts.  The next time I go, I will take a list.

This is a Robert Kaufman print that I just loved.  One of the babies is a boy and the other a girl so I found inspiration for both.

These darling remnants were less than a dollar each.  Not only is the selection incredible, the prices are 30 to 40 percent less than the average fabric store.

All of these photos were taken with the new Nikon.  I'm still not thrilled with the focus, but I'm getting better.

No comments: