Saturday, February 11, 2012

On Being a Jane Austen Mystery: the real deal


I recently posted a review (read: rant) of P.D. James' Death Comes to Pemberley in which I mentioned the far better novels of Stephanie Barron.  I've just finished two new ones, Jane and the Madness of Lord Byron and Jane and the Canterbury Tale and I was not disappointed. Not only is Barron the mistress of every facet of Jane Austen's biography and the Regency period, she is also the queen of sparkling dialogue and thrilling mystery plots.

The first book of the series is Jane and the Unpleasantness of Scargrave Manor.  There is a wonderful story on Barron's website about how she came to write this novel.  If you love Jane Austen or mysteries or historical fiction, or all three, treat yourself to one of these gemlike little books.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dana, i discovered your blog recently and i enjoy very much your post on art and books. I included your blog in my choice for the Liebster blog award to the blog well worth to follow.

Quilted Librarian said...

Thank you very much.
All the best,
Dana