Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day



This is my Dad, Daniel C. Warner, about 1942. He's a veteran of World War II and will celebrate his 90th birthday in December. Besides teaching me to ride a two-wheeled bike, my Dad played catch with me, taught me how to use tools and do household repairs, explained how things worked, showed me how to read a map. He also taught me to make a bed the Army way! This was pretty revolutionary back in the 1950's before women's lib. I always believed I could do or be anything I wanted because of my Dad. Happy, happy Father's Day to you, dear Dad.

3 comments:

Rengin Yazitas said...

I hardly controlled my tear drops when reading your post. I wish you many healthy "Father's Day" for your dear Dad.
All the best,
Rengin

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

A very special Dad - may we both continue to enjoy ours.

Quilted Librarian said...

Thank you, Rengin and Mary. I've really been blessed with a special dad.
I appreciate your visits and your taking the time to comment
Kind regards,
Dana