Sunday, December 20, 2009

Baking Cranberry Bread



We have lovely neighbors and I try to make something nice for them each Christmas. This year I decided on cranberry bread from James Beard's cookbook, Beard on Bread. (Since the recipe is on his website, I've linked to it. I didn't have rosewater so I used lemon extract instead.) Every one of these recipes I've tried is delicious. His banana bread recipe is the only one I use and my children love his oatmeal bread which makes the best toast ever.



The main reason I settled on this recipe was that I found these cunning little loaf pans at Michael's. The diced cranberries and walnuts make the batter look wonderful even before it's baked.



The amount of batter was perfect for the four loaf pans and the loaves crowned beautifully.



Now that they are cooling, I'm taking a well-deserved break to enjoy a cup of tea and some Peanut Blossom cookies.

No comments: