Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Potpourri



A little bit of everything today, hence the title. On the kitchen front, I decided to make onion soup for dinner. (Julia Child's recipe, of course.) It makes enough that we can have it again later in the week with quiche lorraine.



The hyacinth is blooming and is very fragrant when you walk into the house. It makes me very impatient for spring. The rain today should green things up and at least it's warmer than it has been.



Prepping to make a little doorknob art for a friend. Previous post about these small art objects can be found here. They were thus christened by my dear husband, Jim, when he saw one displayed on a friend's doorknob.



Here's the finished product.



Tags always accompanying these little presents. My dear friend, Chris Schaefer, introduced me to the joys of collecting and playing with rubber stamps.



Yet another doorknob art project begins.



One final thing: there's a new version of Jane Austen's "Emma" beginning on PBS tonight. As a comfirmed Janeite, I'm very excited. The timing is wonderful as I'm actually rereading it right now. As we see January out, I hope you all have a happy and productive week.

4 comments:

quiltcat said...

Lovely eclectic post! I had meant to watch Jane tonight but got wrapped up in a quilting project instead!

Quilted Librarian said...

Re: "Emma"--I'm reserving judgement, but they lost my husband. It's very slow. He got up to check his email right before the Christmas party at the Weston's and didn't come back until it was ending!
All the best,
Dana

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Just love the personalized little door knob art you make Dana. I'm sure everyone who receives them are thrilled.

Quilted Librarian said...

Thanks, Mary. You are so kind.

OMG--?