Thursday, June 16, 2011

Babies, babies, babies!



School is finally out.  I scanned my last item around noon yesterday to finish an inventory of our entire collection--14,000 and change and I scanned every one of them.  Now I can get on with the really important tasks of finishing baby quilts because two more tiny ones have joined our little friend, Henry on this earth and a little ahead of schedule.  This one above is for Demos and will go in the mail today. It was made with the Kaffe Fassett African Stripe pattern.

This is Demos with his beautiful mommy.


This little miss is Flora with her grandmother, my dear friend Diane, and her big brother, Angus who was also the recipient of a baby quilt.


These are the fabrics I've chosen for her quilt which will also be in the African Stripe pattern--all PRE-WASHED, I might add!


Finally, little Henry will get both of his quilts by the end of the week.  (The ruined one will make a great beach blanket.) For those readers unfamiliar with this little drama, this quilt and its brother where made using the Denyse Schmidt's Single Girl pattern.


Henry and his friend look blissfully happy.



2 comments:

Dolores said...

Great post. I plan on making a couple of baby quilts - just so that they are handy in case of future developments. I think it's a nice idea to give the good and the whoops quilts to Henry. Busy time for you.

Quilted Librarian said...

It is indeed a busy time, Dolores, but I'm really enjoying being at home and having the chance to spend the day sewing. Have fun making your baby quilts.
Warm regards,
Dana