Friday, August 26, 2016

Safety Pin Studio: What's Happening Now


The little quilt above was made using some wonderful kimono fabrics that I bought from a vendor at the International Quilt Festival in Houston.  I made two quilts with these amazing textiles.  The second one is a combination of the kimono fabrics and fabrics from other Japanese fabrics I've collected.


Up close and personal on the quilting.





My green fabrics have been doing yeoman service this year with the two big wedding quilts I made, so I decided to make a little baby bento box quilt just in case.


Here's the back and the binding.


Jack, the little boy for whom I made the Film at Five quilt, just had a little sister, so I've been working on a quilt for Fiona.  I made Jack a baby quilt using the Single Girl pattern, so I did the same pattern for Fiona and used one of the fabrics I used in Jack's quilt as well.  Fiona and Jack's momma is Anna's best friend, so there are also several fabrics that appear in quilts I've made for Anna.







The African Striped Baby Quilt continues its appeal for me and I made this one for a friend of Steph's who just had a baby.

No comments: