Saturday, April 21, 2018

Update on the Brownies Quilt

 Naturally, when I got this quilt out again (see previous post),  it was easy to be overwhelmed by the amount of work that still had to be done.  I decided to attack it systematically. First, I traced all the Brownie figures that I needed and then began to get them embroidered.  I finished the figure for the label because it was the largest and when it was finished, I made the back of the quilt.


Next, I worked on the grape clusters on the right side.  Whilst doing that, it occurred to me that the grapes are probably the easiest kind of handwork, so I should save them until last.  I placed all the leaves and stems and then the Brownies.



The Brownie figures were appliquéd down and then I began on the stems and vines.  Once those are finished, I will do the rest of the leaves and then just grapes will remain.  The large hand appliqués are just not satisfying me, so I think I will do something else with those four corner triangles.  (This will be the third time I've changed that area!!) Stay tuned for the progress and the changes.

Update to the update!
After auditioning several ideas, I landed on this one and after LOTS of reverse sewing, there are no longer any hands.

SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments: