Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Summary: Endings and Beginnings



Because he was out of town all last week, my dear husband brought me this beautiful bunch of flowers before he left. After a week, the daisies are still hanging in there. Such a nice man I have.

I made a huge batch of vegetable soup after making Julia Child's brown stock as a base for it. That was my dinner almost every night last week.



Aren't these wonderful dishes? I saw them at T. J. Maxx and had to have them. I love things that remind me of London. (There was also an Eiffel Tower set for you Francophiles.) My vegetable soup and toasted wheat bread with almond butter seemed to taste even better when served in them. The beaker has already provided lots of cups of tea, too.



I passed one evening sewing the binding on the One Million Books quilt.



Here's a little peak at the machine quilting. Kelly Jones at Ye Olde Forest Quilters did a wonderful job.

I started the quilt for Anna and Matt's wedding present yesterday. They already know about it. In fact, Anna picked out lots of the fabric for their quilt when she chose fabric for the wedding bento for her best friend. Pictures follow in the next post.

No comments: