Friday, August 27, 2010

A doll-sized version of the African Striped Baby Quilt

One of the little girls for whom I made a baby quilt is now an active toddler who loves to take care of her dolls.  She is particularly fond of tucking them in for naps.  When I discovered this, I determined that I had to make a doll quilt for her upcoming birthday.  Using Kaffe Fassett's African Striped Baby quilt as an inspiration, I cut the basic block size down by an inch and came up with the perfect measurements. (Click on the tags at the right to see previous quilts from this pattern.)


These are the fabrics I chose from the back, binding, and the two borders.  My palette for the striped fabric was pink, brown, cream, and yellow.


Here are the striped fabrics.


The top comes together.


The center is quilted and I'm working my way around the edges now.  This has been great fun.

3 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

It is just adorable Dana! Lucky little girl and her dolly!

Jean Baardsen said...

I love the colors, and I adore the monkeys!

Quilted Librarian said...

Thanks, Mary. I know you will be doing these for Audrey before too long.

Hi Jean,
Me, too. I couldn't resist it. It's actually a mix of several different company's fabrics, but monkeys must be hot this year.
Warm regards,
Dana