Thursday, July 29, 2010

A new woobie for Jim


When our children were small, one of our favorite family movies was Mr. Mom with Michael Keaton.  We not only took the film to our hearts, but we all adopted the use of the word "woobie."  (If you haven't seen the film, here's a link to the woobie scene.)  Just as Michael Keaton's character had to have an intervention with Kenny in the movie about his woobie, I've had to have one with Jim about his woobie quilt.  To quote Michael Keaton, "It's looking bad."


This quilt goes back to the early 1980's and has been Jim's favorite cover-up when we watch TV.  Age and repeated washing have taken their toll, however, and it needs to be retired.


I got some beautiful fabrics for my birthday from Carolyn, my sister-in-law and I've added some from my stash to those to make Jim a new woobie.

"The Single Girl" pattern really impressed me when I was making Anna and Matty's quilt, so I'm going to do a 9 ring version for the woobie.  Jim loves brown and blue, so those are the main colors with a little yellow, gold, and beige.  The batik fabric will be the background fabric for the rings.  The brown with cream floral design is the back and the dark brown will be the binding.

2 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Two Single Girls Dana? Wow, I am so wanting to make even one of those! Lucky Jim! The fabrics look great - I have always been a fan of browns and blues.

Quilted Librarian said...

Thanks, Mary. I'm late responding to my comments because we were in Florida visiting my parents. Choosing fabrics for this pattern is such fun and the construction if really easy once you get the hang of the curves.
Warm regards,
Dana