Friday, July 16, 2010

Second generation baby quilt: A First for Me



This incredibly cute little guy is Abbott and I am making him a baby quilt.  The really amazing thing about this is that one of the first baby quilts I ever made was for his mother, Molly.  This will be my first second generation baby quilt!


This is the wonderful Kaffe Fassett's African Stripe Baby Quilt pattern that I'm doing again.  It's so colorful and scrappy.  The Winnie the Pooh fabric will be the back.  The plaid will be used for binding and the shamrock and blue circle fabric will be the borders.


The pattern calls for nine different stripes.  This is the front all laid out and ready for me to chain piece.  You can read about the construction of this quilt here, here, and here.  Quilted Librarian is back to work in Safety Pin Studio.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

I love the colors of your striped baby quilt. I have a stripe quilt in my stack of unfinished projects. Small is good; I put off finishing one baby quilt and had to make it bigger to fit the toddler!

Quilted Librarian said...

Thanks, Laurie. I'm so fond of this pattern that I've collected an entire bin filled with striped fabrics. And yes, small is good because it means I can get them done quickly while the baby is still small!
All the best,
Dana

Minka said...

Abbott is a real cutie! I'm liking your fabrics

Quilted Librarian said...

Thanks so much, Minka. I'm very pleased with the look of all these fabrics together.
Kind regards,
Dana