Monday, January 12, 2009

Scrap Diamonds: A Workshop


One of the workshops that I'm doing for the Piedmont Quilt Guild at the end of January is on this great scrap quilt. It's based on a single square that's turned and joined to form diamonds. It's a fantastic way to use up scraps and can be constructed in all sizes.
The pattern came from one of my friends from Sugar Creek Quilters in Crawfordsville, Indiana called Anita Hardwick. I don't know if she had it from someone else or if it was her original design. The pictured quilt was made in 1997 with lots of scraps from clothes and costumes I'd made for my children. I consciously chose pastel fabrics for the edge blocks and used a large stippling stencil to quilt it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dana, I loved reading your blog...it was so refreshing to read about your thoughts and creative process and how books helped you along the way. I am so happy you left a comment on my blog and therefore allowed me to read yours. I added you to my blogroll!