Friday, February 26, 2010

Wedding Bento: update on rows three and four



With so little available time in the evenings, I have to make a choice between blogging and sewing and this week, I went for sewing. Above is the last brown block for which I had to cut fabric. Now I will start composing from the fabric I've already cut and put in a little basket. (More on that this weekend.)



These are the final two orange and green blocks for which fabric was cut.



These are the four most recent blocks to go together for rows three and four.



This is a detail of one of the brown blocks. I try to contrast the fabric designs when I compose. Not only light and dark, but traditional with modern or geometric with floral. I think it adds a richness to the block.



Here's a detail of one of the green blocks. This quilt will have something like 96 different green fabrics, 56 different browns, and 48 different oranges. Coach Fisher is out for Battle of the Books practice.

2 comments:

Jean Baardsen said...

Love it! And your contrasting the fabrics works really well. That's a lot of different fabrics!

Quilted Librarian said...

Thanks, Jean. I think I used every orange fabric ever made!
All the best,
Dana