Friday, April 03, 2009

Priscilla Hair @ Gate City Quilt Guild

The April meeting of the Gate City Quilt Guild was a laugh riot thanks to a wonderful talk by Priscilla Hair. The self-proclaimed Queen of South Carolina quilting showed her wonderful quilts and kept us all giggling throughout her presentation. I especially enjoyed the evening because it gave me a chance to reconnect with an old friend. Priscilla and I were in Nancy Crow's very first Improvisational Piecing class at Arrowmont in 1993 and she was one of the contributors of a block for Nancy's 50th birthday quilt that I put together and quilted. That class also included Elizabeth Barton, another nationally known teacher.

This is Priscilla during one of the critiques in Nancy's class at Arrowmont.


Here I am looking like I need a good night's sleep or maybe I was just very relieved my part of the critique was over!

No comments: