Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day


On this day when everyone is Irish, I wish you a happy and safe St. Patrick's Day and offer some views of my crazy pieced vest made for the day. This was actually the first of these vests that I made. I had done the counted cross-stitch shamrock and was casting around for something to do with it other than doorknob art.

This was my first attempt to use beads and I really like the little bead worms around the meandering chain stitch.

The shibori circles may have made their first appearance in this vest, as well. It also features fabrics other than all cotton because I had scraps left from making my mother-in-law a leprechaun doll.

3 comments:

Niena said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to u. Read bout it over on the net. An interesting holiday it is ya!

Lisalou said...

That is so cute! I love your detail. One of these days I am going to attempt a crazy quilting.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Very nice; when are you going to model the vest for us (and post the photo)?