Monday, May 18, 2009

Brownie quilt progress



The central Brownie now has socks and the back of his cap appliquéd. Started the embroidery with one shoe. One more row of square within a square blocks and the first border will be complete as well. The four triangles with the papercut hands designs are next. I decided to do a half square triangle border around those rather than the sawtooth appliquéd border that I'd originally designed. I know I would have trouble keeping that flat and if I'm going to make the July 1st deadline for the challenge, I need some time to quilt it, too. We have four weeks and two days of school left. My goal is to have the top pieced by then so I have roughly two weeks to quilt and bind it.

EOGs (end-of-grade testing) begin this week for us. Wishing you a less hectic week in your lives.

No comments: