Monday, May 25, 2009

Reverse sewing




I spent more time than I would have liked doing some "reverse sewing" yesterday. That's my friend Chris Schaefer's name for ripping out. Color me a little grumpy. A slight math error when I was calculating the four triangles with the hand appliqués was compounded incrementally and the half square triangle borders were too short. After ripping out everything down to the square within a square border, recutting the triangles, and adding a little to the center of each of the half square triangle borders, I was back in positive territory. I'm clipping the curves on the hands and will start to appliqué them today.

2 comments:

Jean Baardsen said...

I truly admire your perseverance! I think I might have thrown in the towel - or the quilt block, so to speak. Hope things go smoother now.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I saw the title and I thought you were going to do reverse applique on the hands - opps, guess not...Wishing you smooth going the rest of the way.