Thursday, February 05, 2009

Happy anniversary to us!


Today, my husband Jim and I have been married 32 years. I thought we weren't going to get presents this year, but he surprised me this morning with a funny card, a Barack Obama action figure, the DVD of Cranford and a lovely red ceramic fruit basket. He is having an incredibly busy week at school, so we will celebrate with a dinner out at a new French restaurant in Greensboro when his life settles down next week. Jim has always been encouraging and supportive of my art work. He held down the fort while I went off to study with Nancy Crow three times when our children were small, had my work professionally photographed and had postcards made for me, talked me into going back to school to work on an art major, and has generally been my biggest cheerleader. I thank the powers that be every day that I was smart enough to say yes when he asked me to marry him.

No comments: