Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Prize for Commenting on Tomorrow's Post: The OP Challenge Weekend Continues


This is the prize you could win for leaving a comment on my post tomorrow when "The Quilted Librarian" will be one of the featured blogs on Pat Sloan's OP Challenge Virtual Retreat Blog Hop. In tomorrow's post, I'll show a picture of the contents spread out, but right now, I have to return to the studio and get back to work. Check in with Pat and see what's happening today. I'm looking forward to meeting her at the next national quilting event I'm able to attend. She's got an amazing amount of energy and projects going everywhere. I don't think she sleeps! Keep that orange thing happening this weekend. Check out this site for some more orange-inspired work. I'll leave you with another improv version of Pat's block. My blocks are more rectangular to go with the glyph shape on the front of my piece.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the fabrics you chose for this block. It looks alive and the more I read this OP challenge I wish I would have joined. Now that I have watched your instruction for making this block I am going to make one today. I'll try to post a picture.
Oh this is so much fun.

Anonymous said...

Your prize is wonderful as is your block.
It is my favorite color combination yet. Those fabrics just come alive. I wish I would have joined in this challenge. I am going to go and make some blocks just the way you showed us. Oh this is so much fun. I'll try to post some pictures later. Thanks.

Unknown said...

I am loving your blog more and more!!!! Psssst....orange is my fave color!
Wonder if you would link me to your blogroll?
http://www.lmpoole.blogspot.com

Denniele said...

Oh I just love your name......I used to teach reading.....what a fabulous combination of the two passons:O)I think your fabrics will be lovely when done, too. I am still in awe of the name.....happy evening. Denniele