Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Jumping on to Pat Sloan's OP Challenge

One of the most wonderful things about the quilting blogosphere is all the inspiration it affords: wonderful pictures of where quilters live, color or design details that caught their attention, thoughts on life and making art, and challenges! I've been inspired to participate in a challenge. Pat Sloan, quilter, teacher, fabric designer for P&B, merchant, at Pat Sloan's Place is having an Orange Pile Challenge as well as a virtual retreat (most intriguing!) over the weekend of February 20th to 22nd. It sounds like wonderful fun to me. One of my goals for this year is to work from my stash as much as possible. This dovetails nicely with that goal.

Now orange is sort of the "red-headed stepchild" of my stash, but here's the raw material.


I do have several wonderful fabrics designed by Nancy Crow,

and this wild Mayan-inspired fabric I got in Mérida.

I'm thinking of an orange/blue-green combination.


Thanks for the spark of inspiration, Pat. I'm planning to share your challenge with my two quilting guilds. I can't wait for the retreat!

1 comment:

Frieda Oxenham said...

This looks like a delicious collection of fabrics together, can't wait to see what you'll make with them. Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog and I had a look at your gorgeous quilt Improvizo! And what fun to meet another quilter who is also a trained librarian like me!!