Aside from a little cooking and cleaning, I spent most of the weekend in the studio which was very good for my soul. On the OP Challenge front, I'm getting ready to finish the back of the "Mérida Remix" piece: the label is printed, and the bias tape is made. I just have to print out the scanned pictures and then all my materials will be ready. I'm anxious to compose the back. Pat Sloan is apparently going to be doing a block this coming weekend during the virtual retreat, so I may encorporate one of her blocks into the back.
When I taught the crazy piecing workshop for the Piedmont Quilter's Guild several weeks ago at Randy's Quilt Shop, I used two demonstration pieces. This apron was my finished piece to demo embroidery and embellishment. (I won't show the crazy piecing demo piece yet because it's going to be a birthday present for one of our nieces.) I found the Soul Food t-shirt at Goodwill, cut out the design, and Wonderundered (I'm not really sure if that's a legitimate verb or not!) it to the muslin base, then crazy pieced around it. Crazy piecing something like an apron that's long and not so wide means that you sometimes end up long strips at the bottom. I like to cut that up visually by making strips with several fabrics and then sewing and flipping them.
The other thing I did this weekend was to get the new baby quilt pieced. I took a ton of pictures and I'll get those posted in the next few days.