Thursday, February 19, 2009

Quilting the Baby Quilt


I started last night and got amazingly far for the first session of quilting. As I mentioned, I pin baste the quilt except for the edges. Those I thread baste.

I'm just quilting diagonally across each square in both directions and then I extend the quilting lines out through the borders. In the beginning, I don't knot the thread. I cut it a little long, start in the middle and quilt in both directions, then I move the hoop, pick up the thread and keep quilting until I have to knot and start a new thread. By not breaking the thread so much, it goes very fast. I can hand quilt this in about a week.

Don't forget Pat Sloan's virtual retreat this weekend for the Orange Pile Challenge. I will be on the blog hop on Sunday and will be offering a prize to someone who leaves a comment on my post on Sunday. Check back for details.

No comments: